Our committees drive positive policy and advocacy outcomes for the broader urban development industry.
UDIA Victoria Committees activate expert knowledge from across our membership. They provide a formal means to capture industry views, enabling us to effectively advocate on behalf of the urban development sector.
The Planning Committee drives reform and improvement of Victoria’s planning system to facilitate development that meets housing, community and industry requirements.
The Committee tackles the planning-related issues that have a direct bearing on industry ability to to deliver on State strategic policy intent for 70 per cent of Melbourne’s housing to be located close to jobs and services in Melbourne’s established areas, and the clarity and speed at which decisions should be made to deliver planning permits for housing.
- John Cicero, Best Hooper Lawyers (Chair)
- Tom Trevaskis, Lendlease
- Mimi Marcus, Marcus Lane
- Aaron Organ, E&H Partners
- Randah Jordan, Veris
- Matt Ainsaar, Urban Enterprise
- Tim Pepper, Pask
- Nevan Wadeson, Tract
- Bart O’Callaghan, Urban
- Nick Hooper, Taylors
- Anthony Scafidi, Stockland
- Tim Peggie, Ethos Urban
- Sharon Coates, Frasers
- Paul O’Shea, CS Town Planning
- Cameron Dash, Roberts Day
Greenfield Development Committee
The Greenfield Development Committee is focused on the timely and cost-effective provision of new housing, infrastructure and services across Victoria’s greenfield areas.
The Committee cultivates and sustains productive relationships with key councils, referral authorities and state government agencies, and promotes infrastructure and services to meet the needs of new communities without adversely impacting the affordability and accessibility of land prices and housing.
- Jill Lim, Frasers Property Australia (Chair)
- Ed Krushka, Stockland
- Jack Hoffman, Satterley
- Adam Davidson, Hygge Property
- Michael Taylor-Sands, Maddocks
- Steve Watters, SMEC
- Mark Breuer, Spiire
- Nick Bosco, Peet Development
- John Forbes, Dennis Family Corporation
- David Dordevic, ID Land
- Robert Papaleo, Charter Keck Cramer
- Anthony Caligiuri, Califam
- Leah Wittingslow, Mesh Planning
- Chris Engert, MAB Corporation
- Alicia Davidge, Lendlease
- Stuart Worn, Lyssna Group
- Jonathon Fetterplace, A Different City
Finance and Investment Committee
The Finance and Investment Committee promotes better access to finance from various funding streams through increased engagement with the financial sector.
The Committee advocates for regulatory and tax reform in favour of a healthy housing market, and communicates the impact and nature of taxes and charges affecting industry to higher echelons of state government and the urban development sector.
- Richard Brice, EY
- Brett Marshall, Fordham Group
- Zoe Chung, ABL
- Ken Fehily, Fehily Advisory
- Heather Maxwell, Development Victoria
- Andrew Kinnaird, Urbis
- Kathy Johnson, Yarraport
- Christian Zatorski, Peet
- Teena Lynch, DealCorp
- Lisa Fowler, KKILwayers
- Paul Beatty, Ethos Urban
Innovation, Sustainability and Technology Committee
The Innovation, Sustainability and Technology Committee inspires the adoption of new technologies and innovations that will advance our communities and encourage sustainable urban development.
The Committee works to generate positive economic, social and environmental outcomes by championing new thinking, and contributing to emerging policy areas in both built form and greenfield developments with emphasis on innovation, sustainability and technology.
- Nicola Smith, Niche Planning (Chair)
- Dean Gold, YourLand Developments
- Ben de Waard, Sustainable Development Consultants
- Matthew Bradbury, Spiire
- Brett Young, Ratio Consultants
- Kerry Balci, Stockland
- Craig Harris, LID Consulting
- Paul Lowe, Lendlease
- Victoria Cook, Catalyst Development
- Mark Whalen, GHD
- Mike Day, Roberts Day
- Kim Kyle, Lendlease
- Tony McEntee, Simonds
- Mark Whinfield, Metricon
- Maureen Benier, Veris
- Craig Becconsall, Urbis
- Samantha Peart, Development Victoria
- Greg Bursill, Lovely Banks Development Group
Urban Renewal and Built Form Committee
The Urban Renewal and Built Form Committee seeks to ensure fiscal, planning and building policy and legislation facilitates the delivery of new housing in urban renewal and infill areas.
The Committee makes a vital contribution to UDIA Victoria’s advocacy in support of the apartment development sector, and the innovative and responsible re-development of urban renewal precincts.
- Andrew Fortey, PDS Group (Chair)
- Nick Holuigue, Maddocks
- Clement Lee, Riverlee
- George Abraham, Hickory
- Brae Sokolski, MaxCap Group
- Nicholas Golusin, Salta Properties
- Sean Hogan, ISPT
- Georgia Willis, Moonee Valley Racing Club
- Robert Stopajnik, Development Victoria
- Adelene The, Beulah
- Brian Herlihy, Lendlease
- Matt Malseed, Hamton
- Renato Candro, Grocon
- Shane Wilkinson, Pace Development
- David Allt-Graham, MAB
- Arthur Williams, 3L Alliance
Regional: Geelong Chapter (Barwon Region)
The Geelong Chapter plays a proactive and collaborative role in policy development on issues of importance to the evolution of Geelong as Victoria’s second capital city.
The Committee plays an important role in driving productive interactions between UDIA Victoria and councils and referral authorities in the Barwon region, ensuring industry is well-represented in discussions of planning and development issues such as planning strategy, timing, infrastructure provision and population forecasting .
- Greg Bursill, Lovely Banks Development Group (Chair)
- Nick Clements, Tract Consultants
- Aaron Walley , Ratio Consultants
- Adam Jacques, Maddocks
- Anna Borthwick, Plan A Planning
- Anthony Wansink, Spiire
- Drew Dalton, Dalton Consulting Engineers
- Matthew Fleischmann, Metricon
- Matthew Hill, Coffey
- Paul Abel, Villawood Properties
- Shane McGlynn, SMEC
- Stewart Lyons, WT Partnership
- Ryan Cross, Beveridge Williams
- Callum Williamson, Biggin & Scott Land
Regional: Bendigo Chapter (Northern Region)
The Bendigo Chapter delivers development industry representation on matters relating to the overall direction and development outcomes within Victoria’s northern region.
The Committee provides input on a range of policy issues, including with a focus on regional ensuring growth is appropriately planned for and managed.
- Andrea Tomkinson, Tomkinson Group (Chair)
- Damien Tangey, Birchgrove Properties
- Darren Pitson, Dunlop and Pitson
- Murray James, Roberts Day
- Julian Perez, Villawood
- Gareth Bellchambers, Ample Investments Group
- Paul Bowe, Terraco
- Jamie Horkings, Stantec
- Cameron Clarke, Spiire
- Damien Cranage, Total Property Developments