UDIA Medium Density Development Award
Projects must have a coherent design with a relevant range of facilities within the development.
Projects entered in this category must be a minimum density of 20 dwellings per hectare and a minimum of three storeys up to a maximum height of five storeys.
Projects must be predominantly residential including small lot housing, villas, town houses, terrace homes, row housing, and apartment buildings and may incorporate commercial / retail components.
The local context (including location and market conditions) will be taken into account.
- The winner of this award will have the opportunity to represent Victoria in the UDIA National Awards.
- You must hold a developer level UDIA Victoria membership to enter your project into this category.
- It is required that your project must be substantially developed by the time of judging or at least a component or stage of the project is substantially developed.
- If you have a residential component to your project, the judging panel will need to be given access to the interior of at least one dwelling.
TO COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ADDRESS THE BELOW
PART 1: Project Information
- Key project information
- Executive Summary (max 300 words) – this highlights the features of the development with reference to the award category criteria
PART 2: Supporting Materials
- Project plans and maps
- Press Releases and publicity requirements
- 10 images of the project
- Up to 10 Project Consultants
Part 2: Category Criteria
- Each award category features its own mix of the criteria along with their explanations which can be found below.
|Community Creation & Integration||10%|
|Innovation & Unique Features||5%|
|Problem Solving, Consultation, Negotiation||5%|
|State & Local Planning Objectives||5%|
|Execution, Finishes & Inclusions||10%|
|Marketing and Financial Structure||5%|
|Judges’ Overall Impressions||10%|