Special Purpose Living
We will recognise excellence in those projects targeted at a specific niche market such as seniors’ living, student accommodation or tourist-based developments.
UDIA Special Purpose Living Award Proudly Partnered by
This may involve one or two winning entries. While one will be for seniors living (see below) the other will recognise excellence in those projects targeted at a specific niche market such as seniors’ living, student accommodation or tourist-based developments. The number of dwellings, lots or other elements is not prescribed but the project must display high standards in all relevant aspects of the purpose for which it is intended.
Sub Category – Seniors’ Living
The National Awards category under Special Purpose Living is specific to Seniors’ Living. Projects entered in this category must provide attention to the needs of residents who have retired or are approaching retirement age, and present high standard of overall design, create a sense of place, and have regard for an energy and water efficient lifestyle and may provide aged care. Nominations are not exclusive to residential purposes and may include aged care.
- The winner of this award may have the opportunity to represent Victoria in the UDIA National Awards.
- You must hold a developer level UDIA Victoria membership to enter your project into this category.
- It is required that your project must be substantially developed by the time of judging or at least a component or stage of the project is substantially developed.
- If you have a residential component to your project, the judging panel will need to be given access to the interior of at least one dwelling.
Completion Criteria for UDIA Judging
To adequately judge an entry for the UDIA Awards for Excellence Program, entrants must provide to the Judging Panel sufficient evidence of the completion of a significant part of the project.
For example, single stage projects must show 40% of the development completed and sold or available for sale. Multistage projects must have at least one full stage completed and sold or available for sale, and other stages under development.
TO COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ADDRESS THE BELOW
PART 1: Project Information
- Key project information
- Executive Summary (max 300 words) – this highlights the features of the development with reference to the award category criteria
PART 2: Supporting Materials
- Project plans and maps
- Press Releases and publicity requirements
- 10 images of the project
- Up to 10 Project Consultants
PART 2: Category Criteria
- Each award category features its own mix of the criteria along with their explanations which can be found below.
|Community Creation & Integration||10%|
|Innovation & Unique Features||5%|
|Problem Solving, Consultation, Negotiation||5%|
|State & Local Planning Objectives||5%|
|Marketing and Financial Structure||5%|
|Judges’ Overall Impressions||10%|
|Execution, Finishes & Inclusions||5%|