Masterplanned Development Award
This award recognises masterplanned developments, that are designed for self-sufficiency and provide high standards of design, diversity and housing choice.
Sponsorship opportunities exist for this category in 2020 – please contact email@example.com for further information.
Projects must have a coherent design with a relevant range of facilities within the development. While the development can be predominantly residential, civic, recreational, entertainment, tourist, commercial or industrial, or a combination of any of these primary uses, the development must be developed to stage where tangible benefits of a master planned approach can be demonstrated.
The project must be large enough to sufficiently demonstrate that a sense of community has been created within the site. For example: Project design has facilitated a sense of community within the project area, even acting as a place attracting people outside of the project area to form part of the community.
- The winner of this award will have the opportunity to represent Victoria in the UDIA National Awards.
- You must hold a developer level UDIA Victoria membership to enter your project into this category
- It is required that your project must be substantially developed by the time of judging or at least a component or stage of the project is substantially developed
- If you have a residential component to your project, the judging panel will need to be given access to the interior of at least one dwelling
TO COMPLETE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO THIS CATEGORY YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ADDRESS THE BELOW
PART 1: Project Information
- Key project information
- Executive Summary (max 300 words) – this highlights the features of the development with reference to the award category criteria
PART 2: Supporting Materials
- Project plans and maps
- Press Releases and publicity requirements
- 10 images of the project
- Up to 10 Project Consultants
Part 2: Category Criteria
Each award category features its own mix of the criteria along with their explanations which can be found below.
|Community Creation & Integration||15%|
|Innovation & Unique Features||5%|
|Access to Employment||5%|
|Problem Solving, Consultation, Negotiation||5%|
|State & Local Planning Objectives||5%|
|Marketing and Financial Structure||5%|
|Judges’ Overall Impressions||10%|